You will need a few documents ready so your dealer can prepare your cashier’s check and complete the transfer of ownership. By having these ready in advance of the vehicle handover, you are more likely to have a quick and hassle-free experience.
- Vehicle registration and title.
- All spare keys & fobs for your car.
- Photo ID, such as your driving license or passport.
- Proof of address – a utility bill, bank or credit card statement will work. The address shown must match the address on the vehicle registration document.
- If you have a loan on your car, the dealer will need your vehicle's 10-day payoff statement from the finance company confirming the final settlement figure.
- Service records, radio and key codes if you have them.
- Fuel – Dealers don’t require a full tank of fuel, but please make sure there is enough in your car so that the fuel light is not on.
- Any additional documents required by your dealer.